HEAD OF PRIVATE INVESTMENTS
Posted - 30 Jan 2024
Location - HOUSTON, TX, USA
Responsibilities and Essential duties:
This role will lead every part of the investment process. The Head of Private Investments will source investment opportunities, diligence potential funds and co-investments. Head of Private
Investments will initially manage a team of 1-2 staff members in an entrepreneurial environment. With a small team size, this role is expected to be involved in all aspects of the investment process
– from setting the strategic investment plan with the Investment Advisory Committee to underwriting an investment opportunity and executing on the deal.
Specific activities include:
- Setting overall strategic investment plan and developing a governing Investment Policy Statement (IPS)
- Incorporating input from family, CEO, investment advisory committee and outside asset managers
- Sourcing and identifying potential investments both through intermediaries and proprietary sourcing activities (primarily through funds, funds of funds or co-investments)
- Leading investment and operational due diligence process to assess return attributes and risks of potential investment opportunities.
- Developing financial models and performing customized company valuation analysis for co-investments
- Organizing and communicating the investment proposition and diligence findings through clear and effective presentations (explaining industry trends, assessing clients’ situations, evaluating
financial opportunity, and recommending strategies to meet client goals).
- Ability to customize presentations for individuals with various levels of financial knowledge and assist the family, CEO, and investment committee in making thoughtful and informed decisions
- Partnering with outside asset managers on both overall strategic asset allocation and sourcing/vetting specific opportunities
- Negotiating investment fee structures with both outside asset managers and funds directly and managing all investment operations (documentation, capital calls, distributions, etc.)
- Actively monitoring and reporting on all existing investments in the portfolio; track record will be used to evaluate re-ups in future vintages
- Report on performance on regular basis to family, investment advisory committee and CEO
- Training other team members on every part of the process from conducting the necessary diligence to closing on the transactions
To apply or find out more, please email your latest resume to email@example.com