Posted - 21 Dec 2023
Location - DORSET, UK
Our client is seeking a hands-on Butler to work at their rural property in Dorset.
Working hours are based on a 45 per week but will be 10 days on with 4 days off, and 2 weekends off per month.
The general working hours vary from 7.00am start to 9.30pm finish unless there are events on when you may be required to split the shifts. Accommodation is a 2-bedroom ground floor
apartment adjoining the main house, partners are welcome and pets by agreement. There is no garden but plenty of the estate grounds to explore. All utility bills are included.
Butler duties include:
- To assist in ensuring that the security of the family, house and its contents are covered at all times and to ensure that all alarm systems (burglar and fire) are maintained and operational at
- To report to the House Manager any matters relating to the maintenance of the house, the fixtures and fittings, services, and contents and to arrange and supervise any agreed works.
- Assist in the daily management of the Family’s pets including walking, feeding, etc.
- Assist the House Manager and Secretary in the operation of the Estate's Health and Safety policy.
- To open and close the House at the set times and as required by the family.
- Ensure that all firefighting equipment is operational, that the staff are trained in its use and that drills are organised as necessary.
- To ensure that personal vehicles and the House vehicles (including shoot vehicles) are cleaned and maintained at all times (including during the shooting season). The quad bikes are to be kept in
a maintained order at all times.
- Clean and lay the House fires as required.
- Cleaning of storerooms, garages, Victorian kitchen, picture store and top dusting, as required, brushing of doorsteps and archway outside billiard room doors and working with the housekeeper
where necessary including helping with polishing wooden floors.
- Maintenance of pool house to include regular checks, maintaining drinks stocks, cleaning the barbeques, and opening and closing for daily use during Spring and Summer.
- Check boilers, heating systems, fuel tanks and ensure that there is sufficient oil in the tanks at all times.
- If required, to drive/collect the family and guests.
- Full Butler service to the family to the highest standard.
- Maintaining hunting/riding/shooting clothes and boots
- Maintaining and cataloguing wine and drink stores
- Cleaning the family silver
Salary: £38,000 increasing to £40,000 after completion of trial period.
To apply for this role, you must be fully legal to work in the UK and a driver preferred due to the remote location.
To apply for this role please email your CV to email@example.com