PRIVATE PA AND HOUSE MANAGER
Posted - 20 Aug 2021
Location - HONG KONG
Location: Hong Kong Island
Salary: £80,000 - £100,000
Wonderful opportunity for a Cantonese-speaking Private PA and House Manager, Hong Kong Island.
This unique role will blend the responsibilities of a Private Personal Assistant with that of a Household Manager. You will be providing support to the head (Principal) of a large family and
complex household and play a vital role in ensuring it continues to operate smoothly. The ultimate objective is to ease the daily demands put upon the Principal, provide peace of mind, and free
up their time.
This discreet, versatile and highly organized professional will integrate themselves and be expected to operate seamlessly with household staff, extended staff and the family itself. You
will be both at the nerve center and able to operate and execute at the periphery to help the Principal manage:
- An active daily life
- Vibrant social calendar
- A busy and large family
- Dynamic travel schedule and complex requirements
- Family office and business holdings (?)
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES:
As a Private Personal Assistant:
- Serve as the first point of contact for the Principal. Manages correspondence, family schedules, personal appointments and controls time and access for and to the Principal.
- An expert scheduler and maintains an events calendar and diary. Reminds the Principal of important tasks, dates, deadlines, and other noteworthy information.
- Carry out tasks and projects, large and small, on behalf of the Principal and can flex between leading and supporting them in their execution.
- Understands “quality of experience” and lifestyle and manages travel arrangements, transportation, accommodations, dining, activities, and other reservations appropriately.
- Event designs, executes and manages social activities and engagements with precision and organization and has an “eye” for style and taste.
- Personal or online shopping for the Principal as requested.
- Makes recommendations and implements systems and procedures to streamline operations that ultimately contribute to improving the workload and easing demands on the Principal.
- Liaises with other parts of the extended household, family office and family.
- Undertaking ad hoc and miscellaneous personal errands as requested.
As a Household Manager:
- Oversees and orchestrates the operations of a household, its staff and their schedules, as well as the needs of the family itself.
- Takes the worry out of planning, organizing and coordinating household and family day-to-day schedules, activities and events/engagements.
- Stays on top of household and property maintenance. This means ensuring repair, upkeep and upgrade schedules are maintained and projects supervised.
- Liaises with all external touchpoints for the household - suppliers, contractors, designers, architects, consultants, etc.
- Oversight of the household’s finances. Handles household bills, purchases, returns and credit card reconciliations and related administrative duties.
- Running errands and performing necessary tasks to ensure the household and family operate smoothly.
WORK EXPERIENCE & REQUIREMENTS:
- Prior experience in Private Services – Private Personal Assistant, Household Manager, Butler or Concierge Services is a must.
- Experience managing or working in a household and closely with a family, protecting the Principal’s / family’s extensive assets, privacy, and security is desirable.
- Prior work experience in Travel and Hospitality or detailed-oriented fields like Event Coordination and Management is highly valued.
- Exposure to a corporate environment and business etiquette supporting executive management is highly valued.
- Track record and demonstrable skill in managing multiple schedules, stakeholders, tasks and projects. Project Management experience and skills are a plus.
- To be successful, the professional will need to know how and when to delegate, as well as be tactical. He/she should be hands-on and know all domestic tasks to properly supervise and
- Post-secondary education or certification in Business Administration, Hospitality Management, Real Estate/Property Management and/or Household Management.
- Comfort and familiarity leveraging technology (ie. Microsoft Office, Google Apps, etc) to create and manage schedules and appointments, recordkeeping, manage correspondence and maintain
- Able to work well and mobilize others to get things done. Also, able to work independently and autonomously with minimal direction.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communications skills.
- Possess tact, diplomacy, discretion, trustworthiness: you will often be party to or in possession of confidential information.
Demonstrable Characteristics & Competencies:
- Thoughtful, intuitive, high levels of empathy – is able to anticipate the needs and able to think the way the Principal thinks. “Takes care of” the Principal and looks out for what is best
for her and the family.
- Proactive, takes the initiative, high level of accountability, resourceful and knows how to get things done.
- Remains unflappable, calm under pressure, a multitasker and juggles competing tasks and priorities with grace.
- Sophistication, taste, high standards of professionalism, service and understands “quality of experience”.
- Extremely organized, structured, good attention to detail and holds themselves to a high standard.
- Flexible, agile, and adaptable
- Pivots between leading and delegating and being tactical and hands-on.
Get in touch to hear