Posted - 4 Apr 2018
Location - EAST FINCHLEY, LONDON, UK
An experienced Female House Manager (for cultural reasons) is required for an important Residential Property located in North London. Closest Tube: East Finchley (10 Mins Walk). Working for a VIP family, The House Manager’s reporting line will be to:
1) The Client's Administration Office – London 2) The Client’s Executive Manager who is based at the Family’s Principal Residence, situated in their home country 3) The established hierarchy requires The House Manager to work independently for most of the time, taking initiative and personal responsibility for general management, contract management, housekeeping duties, along with some laundry work.
For parts of the year the family are not in residence and the house is relatively quiet, however it must be kept in a state of permanent readiness as the family can arrive with minimum notice! The role requires a candidate who will work with and be responsible for a housekeeper. At times helping each other, sharing duties and it is hoped; supplementing each other’s skill-sets, so that together they deliver a superior standard of service to the client and the client’s organization.
The house has recently undergone renovations, so while the property is in excellent condition, it is quite normal for improvements and smaller projects to be initiated while the family are not in residence. Therefore, it is important that candidates can always adapt to that situation, work with contractors, facilitating their work whenever possible while simultaneously ensuring that house-rules are respected and the fabric of the building is looked after and respected.
Working alongside and as part of a small permanent team, the position does require candidates to be hands-on in their nature, quietly confident, and able to seamlessly step-in to meet and greet, serve drinks and provide front-of-house assistance during meal service. Candidates should also be knowledgeable and able to offer training to junior staff when needed.
There is an existing small team of contractors and suppliers that need to be organised, overseen and managed. As normal with a role of this nature, good IT and communication skills are required and the ability to react and adjust to whatever arises 24/7 is a prerequisite of this position. Note: Because the team is small, there will be occasions when The House Manager needs to work alone.
However, the family generally arrives with a large travelling entourage of domestic-staff, who will be augmented by auxiliary staff, including: security, drivers and personal assistants, to supplement the local employed team.
During visits, which are sometimes organized with minimal notice, it will be important for The House Manager to quickly and seamlessly integrate into the large international team, and she needs to know, instinctively, when it’s the right moment to take a back-step, allowing the Client's personal staff to take over their duties!
While visits are in progress, The House Manager must be able to make every effort to be flexible, working extra hours whenever possible, while working with the Client’s team to create a supportive and welcoming environment for The Client, Family & friends.
1. There is a feeling that the position could suit someone from a hotel industry background, but has had a more recent Private service role.
2. Candidates must have a calm personality and be discreet, well presented, and professional, have an extra keen eye for detail and show that they have all the necessary skills & confidence to work in such a household.
3. Candidates must be proactive and present a problem with a solution attitude.
4. Uniforms will be worn and provided.
5. This is a secure and prestigious role, where your professionalism will be rewarded. This will be an excellent point of reference for any candidate’s resume!
Salary up to £50,000 gross pa DOE. Start ASAP.
Email your resume to email@example.com