HOUSE MANAGER / ASSISTANT
Posted - 8 May 2017
Location - MAYFAIR, LONDON, UK
A fantastic role for a candidate with solid experience working in private house or from a yachting background to run and manage this international family's London residence.
The role is due to start in September 2017. This role would be suited to a candidate looking for the next step from possibly a Head Housekeeper or Butler role and the family have expressed their interest in candidates from a yachting background. Ideally the principals would like you to live in, however, they would consider live out as long as you were able to live in when the family are in residence. Accommodation provided will be newly designed basement flat within the residence.
The family who reside in Doha have bought a property in London which is currently undergoing reconstruction / renovation which they foresee being ready by November 2017.You will report directly to the principal however, there is a PA based in Doha already and the House Manager / Assistant will need to work closely with her being her eyes and ears on the ground so to speak in London.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
• Working at times directly with principals although must be happy to receive direction from and liaise with other members of senior staff
• Ability to recruit, train and oversee temporary / part time staff
• Responsible for the smooth day to day running of the household
• Manage and liaise with outside contractors, architects, scheduling and supervising home maintenance & repairs
• Manage household accounts, purchasing, inventories, administrative duties
• Running errands and performing necessary tasks
• Shopping for food, supplies and other requested items
• Home cleaning duties
• Event planning (small dinners), organising and co-ordination
• Yachting / 5* hotel experience a big plus
• Experience with media & IT systems, security details
• Ability to think on their feet, be proactive, solve problems, energetic
• Well organised
• Excellent level of English
• Child friendly
• Trustworthy in overseeing the employers property and valuables
• Attention to detail
This is a real all-rounder role for someone ready for an exciting challenge!
Hours: Monday - Friday (8 hours per day) - increased hours and possible weekend work when the principals are in residence.
Salary: Circa £40,000 gross per annum, statutory holidays + sickness, annual leave - 20 days per annum
Ref: EHS #1369