HOUSE MANAGER / COOK
Posted - 29 Aug 2017
Location - NOTTING HILL, UK
We are looking for a motivated and motivational leader, with an exemplary background in household management to oversee the running of a large London household: maintaining and managing the
household, budget control, ordering, administration and working closely with the family and their schedule.
This role requires someone with considerable experience in the management of large private residences and who is detailed, unflappable and organised, with a systematic approach to their
workload. A strong element of cooking is also required.
Hours: 11am – 8pm, Monday to Friday (possibly flexible to 10am – 7pm)
Start Date: ASAP
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Maintaining their home in coordination with vendors/maintenance firms
- Driving for errands and occasionally for Sussex garden veggies pick up
- Maintaining basic household tech checks (Sonos / Apple TV / Wi-Fi etc)
- Managing kitchen inventories resourcefully
- Sourcing and purchasing items for the house
- Managing mail/ packages and occasional document printing alongside the family PA for family work/ non-profit projects
- Occasional events planning -- managing table, flowers, wine stock
- Household Budget and tracking expenses on Expensify (an app) with the family PA
- Gift calendars for staff birthdays and friends of family/ including holiday hampers
- Greeting visitors and answering phone calls
- Some packing
- Keeping the extensive library in order
- Occasional coordination with London / Sussex / New York staff
- Hosting weekly staff meetings between London staff
- Maintaining cars (cleaning / licensing / parking permits / MOT)
- Maintaining bikes
- Alternate Christmas/holiday cover with housekeeper
- Assisting housekeeper without household tasks if needed
- Coordinating and working closely with the family (including two teenage boys, no pets) and its schedule
- Building and maintaining solid relationships with vendors/contractors
- Family cooking (breakfast / supper) and occasional prep for supper (family often cooks on their own) on a daily basis
- Prepping weekend meals when required
- Creating healthy but inventive weekly and dinner party menus
- Food stocking (local butchers/market for local organic produce)
Candidates must be / have:
- Proven experience in a similar role
- Precise with great attention to detail
- Strong financial management skills
- Results orientated
- Confidential and discreet
- Diplomatic and personal
- Resilient and enthusiastic
- Flexible in their approach
- Well presented with excellent spoken and written English
- Proactive and able to take initiative
- Able to work autonomously and motivate a team
Personal traits Quiz!
- Are you someone who likes trying new recipes, fresh ways of setting a table or fixing a floor scratch?
- Do you like talking to and working with a wide variety of people?
- Do you like the idea of cooking as seasonally as possible from a kitchen garden?
- Do you find yourself often coming up with new ideas that you would like to try?
- Are you the ‘keep calm and carry on’ type when the fire alarm goes off while you are late to finish a roast for a dinner party while the front door bell is ringing?
- Does the idea of restarting the house Wi-Fi network not scare you?
We receive a considerable amount of applications for every position and there is tough competition in the employment market. In order to process your application as efficiently as possible,
please note the following instructions when responding:
- Detail your relevant experience in a cover letter and include this on an up to date CV
- Quote your required salary
- Let us know your availability for interview and when you could start
- If you can forward references to us, these can only strengthen your application
The more information you can give us, the more we can demonstrate to the client that you are exactly what they are looking for and send your CV on quickly.
Please note that these instructions apply to ALL candidates and applications that do not meet these criteria may not be considered.
Send your information to: firstname.lastname@example.org