ESTATE MANAGER - UHNW FAMILY
Posted - 21 Aug 2017
Location - HAMPSHIRE, UK
An UHNW Family is urgently looking for an Estate Manager to join their Estate based in Hampshire.
This will be a Live-In position with separate accommodation provided for from the main house. There is a large property currently under maintenance and an agricultural venture which will
be the main focus of the job.
Duties will include:
- Coordinating and supervising all areas of the estate, any Estate projects.
- Managing of processing farm products: vegetables, milk and etc. for family consumption
- Liaising with local farms regarding selection and purchase of the livestock.
- Managing the staff and all HR issues.
- Ensure that financial records and records of livestock and/or crops up to date and properly kept. Organising sales and purchases of livestock, farm equipment, crops and agricultural
- Recruiting, training/instructing and supervising farm workers; making sure that work progresses satisfactorily.
- Organising maintenance/repair of farm property, equipment and machinery; hand piece skills are essential to the position.
- Monitoring animal health and welfare, including liaising with vets; working with vets to monitor animals for infection and disease.
- Ensuring compliance with government regulations and all times work is carried out in a manner which complies with the requirements of the Health & Safety in Employment Act, its amendments and
regulations and the Health & Safety Policies and Procedures in the Premises.
Commercial Duties will include:
- Planning finances and production to maintain farm progress against budget parameters; setting budget and production targets; handling paperwork and keeping administrative records; ensuring that
the farm is profitable and meets projected financial targets.
- Preparing business plans, making calculations of the cash flow
- Marketing the farm’s products; maintaining and monitoring the quality of yield, whether livestock or crops; making sure that products are ready for deadlines, such as auctions and markets.
- Being responsible for compliance with all UK and EU food production, animal welfare and hygiene regulations, requirements.
- Planning how the farm will run over the coming year; understanding the implications of the weather, making contingency plans and year round calendar.
Candidates will ideally speak Russian but it is not a pre-requisite. If you have any commercial agricultural experience, this would be a huge asset.
If you would like to find out more please contact Lillie Allen on 0207 043 1408 or send your latest CV to firstname.lastname@example.org