DAILY PRIVATE CHEF
Posted - 3 Aug 2020
Location - KENSINGTON & WINDSOR, UK
Our client is seeking a Daily Private Chef, for a family based between two properties.
You will work as part of a team that includes a Cook who tends only to Staff meals, and the occasional cover for the family when Private Chef is on holidays, or needs assistance etc.
Duties as follows:
- Managing the day to day running of the kitchen
- Plan meals on a weekly basis with any necessary budget
- Preparation of all meals for the family to meet their tastes and any dietary restrictions as required (one adult and two young children)
- Responsibility for food costing, shopping, sourcing fresh produce, stock control, storing food effectively and wastage
- Keep kitchen tidy at all times maintaining a high standard of hygiene, employing food safety best practice and oversee health & safety procedures in the kitchen
- Identify and work with reliable and trusted suppliers
- Liaise with and take direction from the Principal, Head Housekeeper or Private Office team in relation to any regular and additional items required
- May be required to organise special events such as dinner parties / family events
- Preparing coffee/tea/drinks for guests and serving principal
Experience / Qualifications:
- Minimum 5 years of experience working for UHNW families
- Willingness to work flexibly to meet the needs of the Principal and the Private Office
- Must have culinary training and appropriate qualification for the role & First Aid Level 1
- Must be able to work in total confidentiality and discretion
- Must have a passion for cooking, and an excellent knowledge of nutrition and hygiene
- Must be a hard worker, reliable and honest - discretion is key!
- Working with a team of domestic staff so a team player is essential
- Flexibility, creativity and excellent organisational skill
- Some silver service or small function experience
- Must have a clean UK driving licence
- DBS cleared
Monday to Friday 8am – 5pm with occasional Sat/Sun and flexibility with hours when entertaining.
Accommodation can be provided in Windsor when working consecutive days.
Salary £55,000 gross pa / Start ASAP
Email your interest to firstname.lastname@example.org