LIVE-IN DOMESTIC COUPLE
Posted - 14 April 2022
Location - SUFFOLK, UK
Our clients are actively seeking a Domestic Couple for their residence in Suffolk. The couple will consist of an Assistant Estate Manager and a Housekeeper.
The principals are an English, semi-retired, married couple in their 60s. The small estate is south of Stowmarket in Suffolk. An 8-bed Georgian, ex-rectory with two detached cottages for
guests, outdoor pool, tennis court and pool house, and a detached 4-bed farmhouse with equestrian facilities set in 50 acres of paddocks, lawns, and formal gardens. It is located on the edge of a
small village in a rural setting.
All the accommodation has recently been redecorated/refurbished. This is the full-time residence for the principals, and guests stay on average once a month (in normal times).
Core Duties/Requirements (however, not exhaustive):
- Responsible for maintaining the house and grounds to a very high standard
- Look after, walk, and pick up after dogs
- Excellent English preferred
- Clean driving licences – a car will be provided for business use, and occasional driving of principals’ cars to chauffeur them and their guests will be necessary
- Cleaning, laundry, ironing and shoe cleaning for principals and any house guests
- Display cut flower arrangements from the gardens
- Arrange dry cleaning
- Take deliveries and messages
- Oversee internal tradesmen
- Meal planning with principal, shopping (mainly online) for groceries for principals and their guests
- Occasional informal cooking for the principals and house guests
- Assist with larger dinner parties and other events occasionally
- Supervise ad-hoc cleaning
Assistant Estate Manager
- Oversee security of the estate and act as first responder to alarms
- General property maintenance/Handyman duties
- Manage petty cash
- Arrange and oversee tradesmen (incl. window cleaning, pool)
- Occasionally drive principals to/from airport/station/restaurant/etc
- Clean and generally look after cars (currently 3 plus staff car) and motorbikes (currently 2), arrange repairs/servicing
- Maintain stock of logs for open fires, lay/light/clear when necessary
- Monitor supplies and reorder where necessary
- Cover for Head Gardener as necessary and perform gardening duties
Days of work: Monday-Friday, working alternate weekends (days off in the week when working weekends)
Accommodation: A beautiful 2-bedroom detached house, furnished to a high standard with own garden. Water, broadband and council tax paid.
No dependants or pets.
Start date: Flexible
Salary: £70,000 gross per annum
To apply, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply online at www.exclusivehouseholdstaff.com