DOMESTIC COUPLE IN FISHING AND SHOOTING ESTATE
Posted - 1 Nov 2017
Location - WEST OF IRELAND
This idyllic west of Ireland Victorian house stands on approximately 113 acres on the shores of Lough Conn, with Nephin as a majestic backdrop.
It is situated amidst wonderful grounds: many fine specimen trees and shrubs populate the extensive grounds which are a walker’s paradise.
The main house, which is approached by a long, tree lined avenue, extends to some 630 sq. m. (6,800 sq. ft) and comprises 4 reception rooms and 6 bedrooms. The house is beautifully positioned with
a west facing aspect to the rear and overlooks Lough Conn to the east. The property enjoys almost a mile of lake frontage and is surrounded by some 113 acres approx. of pasture and amenity lands.
The property has been recently purchased by an Irish Business man and his family and will be used as a fishing and shooting lodge and holiday home. The property is currently being completely
refurbished and when not in use by the owner and his family will be privately let through a US firm for short term lettings (2 – 3 days) to high net worth US visitors. The property will not be
advertised locally or nationally nor will it be available to let to the public.
The owner requires an experienced domestic couple to manage the property. This picturesque fishing and shooting estate is set on approximately 113 acres and is composed of numerous different
components including woodlands, pastures, lake frontage, a garden, a number residential buildings, a boat house and stables.
Location: West of Ireland, County Mayo
Salary: Competitive (TBC depending on experience)
Start Date: ASAP
Accommodation: Permanent Live-In, the successful couple will be given the full use of the gate lodge including service costs
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Tend to and manage garden.
- Use farm machinery including tractor and PTO driven machinery to maintain road ways.
- Manage the mature native deciduous forestry (in conjunction with contractors where necessary).
- Cut wood for the open fires and stoves in the properties.
- Maintain fields and lawns surrounding the house.
- Maintain walkways throughout the grounds.
- Maintain paddocks and fencing in coordination with local farmers who utilize a portion of the land for agricultural cultivation and livestock.
- Liaise with and manage contractors as appropriate.
- Ensure the security of the estate.
- General maintenance of the properties.
There is one principal residence and two other residential buildings on the property. All have been recently renovated.
- Ensure residences are in good working order, inside and out
- Maintain highest level of cleanliness; duties include laundry, windows, vacuuming, dusting and all standard housekeeping responsibilities
- When family or guests are in residence, plan, prepare and cook meals when required (the family are keen cooks and guests may or may not require full catering).
- Keep the household stocked with kitchen staples for the family and other items, such as laundry detergent, that are needed.
- Keep up with seasonal work such as fireplace and flue cleaning, and gutter clean out and maintenance
- Ensure reliable Wi-Fi and telephone service at all times, coordinate with service providers as necessary
- Maintain appropriate service contracts for items such as pest control and gym equipment
- Maintain and review all utility suppliers and arrange bill payments
- Provide support to interior design team when decorating work is necessary
- Provide any other administration for the family as requested
Safety and Security
- Ensure home and personal security including liaising with alarm company to ensure up-to-date monitoring contracts, emergency contact lists and servicing agreements are in place.
- Ensure good attention to IT security for the family (with regular backups of data, virus controls and good levels of password management)
- Ensure cars are kept cleaned, fuelled, taxed, insured and serviced (to schedule) at all times
- Ensure that other farm equipment (tractors/mowers etc) are maintained and serviced regularly
Candidates must be / have:
- Looking for a long-term lifestyle choice working environment.
- Highest level of personal service experience with private families and/or individuals.
- 3+ years of experience in running a country home/estate.
- A love of country living in a rural setting of mature forestry, lakes and mountains (a strong interest in fly fishing and shooting would be an advantage).
- Self-sufficient and independent.
- Proactive in addressing issues or problems; anticipate and address needs of family and guests before being asked.
- Strong work ethic.
- Extremely detail oriented.
- High level of creative and intuitive thinking and problem solving.
- Strong communication skills.
- High level of confidentiality and discretion at all times.
- Open to a flexible schedule.
- Negotiating skills to work effectively for the family with all suppliers and third parties.
We receive a considerable amount of applications for every position and there is tough competition in the employment market. In order to process your application as efficiently as possible,
please note the following instructions when responding:
- Detail your relevant experience in a cover letter and include this on an up to date CV
- Quote your required salary
- Let us know your availability for interview and when you could start
- If you can forward references to us, these can only strengthen your application
The more information you can give us, the more we can demonstrate to the client that you are exactly what they are looking for and send your CV on quickly.
Please note that these instructions apply to ALL candidates and applications that do not meet these criteria may not be considered.
Send your information to: email@example.com