Posted - 8 Apr 2018
Location - OXFORDSHIRE, UK
Our client is looking for an energetic and dynamic Butler for this beautiful shooting Estate in Oxfordshire.
The estate is fully staffed with a Travelling Head Butler, Under Butler and various housekeeping, estate and gardening staff. The family do not live on the estate full time.
The Travelling Head Butler is only at the house when the family are there. You will work alongside him whilst the family are in residence and then step in as acting Head Butler when he is away.
• There are various dinners, events and shoots on the estate, so the successful candidate must be able to plan, host and execute events to the highest standard and should be experienced with formal dinner service.
• Serving at shoot lunches and serving refreshments.
• Taking care of guests.
• Communicating with all members of staff on the estate.
• Packing and unpacking of suitcases, transporting of shotguns.
• Chauffeuring and car maintenance.
• Caring for silverware, furniture etc.
• Keeping household records.
• You may also have to prepare and serve simple meals in the Chef’s absence.
The successful candidate should have worked in a similar situation previously, or perhaps be currently working as an Under Butler looking for the next challenge. You will need a full UK driving licence, a shotgun licence or be prepared to apply for one and have excellent written references.
This is a live-in or a live-out role. Should you wish to live on the estate you will be provided with a beautiful 2-bedroom cottage.
The working day is 9am-5pm Monday to Friday, but flexibility is required when the family are in residence.
Salary will be in the region of £30,000-£32,000 depending on experience and living requirements.
Ref: EHS #1944