BUTLER / HOUSE MANAGER
Posted - 12 Mar 2018
Location - CENTRAL LONDON, UK
A Butler / House-Manager is sought to provide a discreet and exacting personal service to a UHNWI on a day-to-day basis at his Central London apartment.
The principal travels extensively so flexibility is required when in residence. This also offers good ‘down time’ when the principal is away.
The ideal candidate will be experienced, energetic, flexible and professional.
Specific duties to include:
• Oversight and maintenance of the property and its contents, including security.
• Arranging and caring for furnishings and artwork.
• Overseeing the wine inventory.
• Supplying household inventories as required.
• Responsible for the smooth operating of the household.
• Greeting and looking after guests of the principal to his residence.
• Light cooking duties.
• Serving meals and drinks and performing waiter services as necessary to the principal.
• Planning of, liaising with and supervising caterers, and performing butler duty at receptions and dinners, including formal table settings and event preparation.
• Responsible for the care of fine china, silver and glassware.
• Overseeing the housekeeper, cleaning staff and maintenance contractors at the residence.
• Managing the principal’s bespoke wardrobe and accessories, including care of clothing.
• Packing, travel preparations, and unpacking in relation to travel.
• Occasional travel within the UK and overseas.
• Potentially accompanying the principal on shoots, to include loading and gun cleaning.
• Attend quarterly residents’ meetings and follow up.
• Responsible for Household float and debit card and liaising with the business office to ensure finances are in order.
• Coordinating shopping errands, personal shopping, and household purchases.
• Reporting to the Chief of Staff and working closely with all other employees of the principal, ie assistants, drivers, private office.
• Proactive and thorough.
• Service oriented with excellent organization and communication skills.
• Flexible and accommodating.
• Intuitive and importantly, composed.
• Trustworthy, knowledgeable and experienced.
• A clean driving licence is a prerequisite.
Salary in the region of £55-65k per annum.
This role is live-out.
Ref: EHS #1892