Posted - 21 Nov 2022
Location - NEW YORK, USA
Our client is a Manhattan-based multi-family office and is an SEC registered investment advisor that has been providing a wide array of services to its clients for over 20 years.
The firm provides investment advisory services as well as accounting and tax services to a small, select group of very high net worth individual and family office clients with a total AUM of
The firm utilizes a complex tiered partnership structure to meet clients’ investing and estate planning goals. Within this structure, assets are invested in a large variety of vehicles, including
private equity funds, hedge funds, and direct managers of stocks and bonds. The tax department is responsible for meeting the compliance needs of the tiered structure, all the way through to the end
investors. The position offers unique and challenging exposure to the taxation of partnerships and their partners, as well as the complexities that stem from investing in alternative assets
- Responsible for the preparation and/or review of tax returns. Tax returns to be prepared include: Partnerships; Trusts; Individuals; Private Foundations; C-Corporations; S-Corporations; and Gift
- Review accounting records and any other applicable financial information that is used as a backup for the returns.
- Prepare schedules to specially allocate tax items to partners in accordance with partnership agreements & IRS regulations.
- Identify and prepare any required disclosures related to foreign transactions and foreign financial assets.
- Research complicated tax matters and present findings in a structured and logical manner.
- Communicate with IRS and state agencies in connection with audits, inquires, and tax notices.
- Additional responsibilities include preparing tax estimates, reviewing payroll tax returns, miscellaneous state and local tax filings, and other ad-hoc accounting projects as needed.
- 4-7 years of relevant tax experience at CPA firm or similar industry experience.
- Strong tax accounting skills with proficiency in federal and state tax compliance. Must have experience with the taxation of complex partnerships, trusts, and individuals.
- Certified Public Accountant or Enrolled Agent preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent required; Master’s degree in taxation or equivalent a plus.
- Must be extremely accurate, detailed and organized.
- Technical expertise in researching tax matters
- Excellent written and oral communication skills to be able to impart confidence to clients and other professionals.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and CCH Prosystem fx Tax
- Experience working with accounting software and making journal entries. Must have the ability to learn new software quickly.
- Up to $185,000 base salary plus bonus (candidates with higher salary expectations are still encouraged to apply).
- Health Insurance including dental and vision
- PTO: 20 vacation + 2 personal + 4 Sick
If you would like to apply for the role, please send a short cover note and your updated resume to KayS@AgreusGroup.com.