SENIOR MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTANT - SINGLE FAMILY OFFICE
Posted - 16 May 2019
Location - LONDON, UK
An exclusive opportunity has arisen for a Single Family Office client of ours based in London.
This is ideal if you are a Qualified Accountant with a minimum of 3 years’ experience and if you have proven technical ability and an understanding of modern management information systems.
The role combines accounting skills with effective management and concise communication to both financial and non-financial management.
The Senior Management Accountant’s role is to look ahead, analysing business performance advising on how to pre-empt problems and adapt to changing circumstances and developments.
The overall aim is to improve value in all areas of the business by managing and reducing operational and production costs and implementing the most effective strategies.
The Senior Management Accountant will be expected to perform the following tasks:
- To oversee a number of different assets in and outside London.
- The role will require interaction with the businesses to ensure best practice and financial controls are in place.
- There may be some limited UK travel from time to time.
- There are 2 direct reports to this position.
- Produce financial statements including profit and loss accounts, budgets, cash flows, monthly management accounts, variance analysis and commentaries.
- Manage the trainee accountant, including day-to-day communication and motivation as well as succession planning.
- Carry out continuous reviews of working accounting practices and processes to ensure efficient and cost effective operations.
- Assist in the production of the annual budget and periodic forecasting.
- Provide management reporting for decision-making, including project appraisal, evaluation and post-implementation analysis.
- Produce annual statutory accounts and management process with the external auditors.
- Manage capital expenditure on projects and question spend where required.
- Report on company assets and liabilities including balance sheet account reconciliations and review of intangible assets.
- Ensure compliance with all financial regulations – UK GAPP and IFRS.
The Successful Candidate:
- Ability to manage, delegate, motivate, monitor and control team activity.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate at all levels with both financial and non-financial management.
- Intellectual with a strong commercial acumen.
- Experience with property and hotels would be a preference.
- Be part of a family office environment.
- Need to know accountancy package SAGE.
If you would like to find out more about the role and to apply, please send your latest CV to Chris Costi at email@example.com.