SENIOR FINANCIAL CONTROLLER - SINGLE FAMILY OFFICE
Posted - 15 May 2017
Location - LUXEMBOURG
Based in the Luxembourg office of an Ultra High Net Worth Family Office, this role is a brand new and exciting opportunity for a senior finance officer.
Duties and responsibilities (Other duties may be assigned)
- Preparing and publication interim and annual financial statements with Lux GAAP.
- Participate in the preparation of the group consolidated financial statements.
- File the interim and annual accounts to the CSSF and Luxembourg Stock Exchange.
- Bookkeeping of various entities and SPV’s
- Preparation of regulatory reporting.
- Prepare and reconcile inter-company accounts.
- Monthly Group Reporting, cash-flow analysis
- Collaborate closely with other European offices and subsidiaries.
- Reviewing / calculating Net Asset Values, distributions, and other fund accounting output for subsequent review.
- Manage the portfolio in respect of planning, meeting deadlines and quality of work.
- Identify problems or unexpected events arising during work and resolve them.
- Prepare annual tax returns, VAT and handle tax-assessments.
- Liaise with external parties such as lawyers, tax advisors, auditors and authorities.
- Analyse legal documentation and check the board minutes for each transaction.
- Manage cash flow planning process and ensure funds availability.
- Engage in ongoing cost reduction analyses in all areas of the company
- Participate and propose improvements in processes and procedures.
- University degree in an Accounting or Accounting discipline.
- Good understanding of Luxemburgish regulations (Lux Gaap). Knowledge of international financial reporting standards (IFRS) would be an asset
- Good knowledge of the Luxembourg accounting and tax rules;
- Knowledge of Asset Management, real estate, private equity and capital markets.
- Proven accuracy and responsiveness, and the ability to perform and deliver works within tight deadlines;
- Ability to communicate effectively with Colleagues, Superiors and stakeholders
- Very self-motivated and independent but with the ability to work in a team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly organized and meticulous to detail
- Willingness to travel abroad occasionally
Education and Experience:
- Degree from an accredited university supplemented by a minimum of 7-10 years’ of relevant experience
- Big 4 trained
- Excellent English and French skills (written and spoken).
Excellent knowledge of MS Office (especially Excel Outlook, Word and PowerPoint)
Superb soft skills and ability to manage up and down
Salary: €80,000 - €120,000
If you would like to find out more, please email your latest CV to Tom Stuart (email@example.com) or call on +44207 043 1408