Posted - 6 Feb 2024
Location - LONDON, UK
A London-based Single Family Office is looking to hire a Senior Associate to join their team of five people.
The Office invests across the whole asset class spectrum, with a strong focus on Private Equity (both Directly and via Funds). The Office has enjoyed rapid growth and now needs to bring on
board a Senior Associate to support new and ongoing investments.
The Office also provides financial support to a connected Philanthropic foundation supporting charities in the London area.
The successful candidate
- will have outstanding intellectual and analytical skills
- will have experience of multi-asset classes, particularly Private Equity
- is likely to have been working in investment banking, private equity, transaction services, management consulting or another family office
- may have a relevant professional qualification such as Chartered Accountancy
- must have a strong intellectual curiosity about investing and a commitment to learning
- must have the ability to cultivate new relationships within the investment community to provide other sources of new deals
- must be dynamic, a self-starter, and personable. Team chemistry is a key consideration.
- Approximately 6-8 years of relevant professional experience in top tier investment banking, private equity, transaction services, management consulting or another family office.
- Sound judgement and track record of analysing potential new investment opportunities and assessing risks and opportunities.
- Experienced with financial models for valuations and financial returns analysis.
- Highly motivated and strong work ethic.
- Proactive self-starter
- Strong interpersonal skills.
Primary responsibilities of the role will include:
- Analysing and evaluating managers, funds and potential acquisition opportunities using both strategic and analytical approaches
- Analysing and monitoring the existing portfolio
- Benchmarking existing fund managers against their peers
- Conducting fundamental research on global sectors, industries and fund managers to identify sectors with high growth potential
- Reviewing/filtering unsolicited investment opportunities and using judgement to determine which ones merit further consideration
- Drafting investment papers for presentation to the Investment Committee
- Attending (initially in an observer capacity) Investment Committee meetings to learn from the discussions
- Deal execution – documentation, liaising with legal teams, external parties, etc.
- Standard working hours are 9am – 5.30pm but some work outside these hours may be required depending on deal activity
- Working at least 3 days a week from an office in Central London, with the remaining days working from home, although this may flex according to work demands.
- Most day-to-day interaction will be with one Investment Director and the CFO but the applicant will also interact directly with another Investment Director and the Chairman, both of whom have
years of experience working in Private Equity.
- The team is small and non-hierarchical, so an entrepreneurial mind-set is essential.
Remuneration – TBC but will be commensurate with the seniority of the role.
If you would like to find out more about the role, please send a (preferably Word) copy of your latest CV at email@example.com