Posted - 7 May 2022
Location - LONDON, UK
Senior Accountant – Family Office (1 year FTC – Maternity Cover)
Our client is a Family Office representing the interests of three families (one of which is based in the UK). They provide accounting and legal support to the entities which invest in a range of
opportunities including private equity, finance, real estate and funds.
With the Senior Accountant is going on maternity leave, the need has arisen to employ a replacement on a one year FTC. There is a possibility that at the end of the period the position could
become permanent but this would depend upon circumstances and workload at the time.
This would suit someone perhaps with Investment Analyst and Fund Accountant experience, able to offer investment analysis and overall portfolio review.
- Bookkeeping for entities administered in the UK
- VAT returns
- Preparation of annual financial statements for entities managed onshore by the office
- Tax returns for entities managed onshore by the office
- Beneficial ownership and substance filings and Companies House filings for entities managed onshore by the office
- Quarterly (or in some cases monthly) management reports for shareholders on certain lines of activity
- Review of accounts of entities prepared by third parties
- Monthly Portfolio Overview:
- Interest and income schedules – updated monthly;
- investments and distributions (separating for income and RoC) from an asset perspective and a shareholder perspective;
- Fund revaluations, capital calls and distributions (separating for income and RoC);
- Assistance with execution of certain transactions
- Monthly cash report
- Cash tracking and movements across all companies / structures;
- reconciling cash movements to portfolio movements;
- calculating changes in NAV across the portfolio;
- calculating Forex changes across all currencies;
- providing a monthly investment portfolio statement.
- Investments and Distributions
- Advising and assisting in structuring (tax, jurisdiction, shareholding and funding considerations);
- document review and execution;
- reviewing waterfall calculations and investment schedules;
- funding arrangements throughout structures (documentation and funds flow);
- ongoing shareholder reporting (quarterly) including on an individual asset basis;
- filing and management of records;
- review and filing of quarterly investment updates from asset / investment managers;
- analysis of returns and calculations of IRR and MoiC;
- cash flow forecasting.
- Structure charts maintained
- review of accounts and loan arrangements within structures
Remuneration will be commensurate with the duties and demands of the role and will be in the region of up to £70,000 plus discretionary bonus.
If you would like to find out more about the role, please send your latest CV to Jeremy Green at firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Due to the high level of interest in this role, it will not be possible to respond to all applications.)