PRIVATE PA IN FAMILY OFFICE
Posted - 13 Apr 2018
Location - CENTRAL LONDON, UK
We are looking for a Private Assistant to provide personal support to the Principals to ensure smooth-running family life as well as solid business support in all areas.
As a small, evolving private Family Office, you will be willing and capable of working on a wide variety of tasks and projects ranging from A-Z and of wearing different hats, filling any gaps that
may arise and generally providing support, guidance and stability for the team.
Working closely with another PA, the key elements of the role are advance-planning, strong communication, flexibility and adaptability.
Hours: Full time, 24/7 support
Location: Central London
Start Date: ASAP
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Diary management and coordination of associated logistics (who needs to get from A to B and how, reservations, advance preparations or paperwork to take or follow up on, activities, appointments
and travel arrangements including passports and visas).
- Travel support; planning trips and making all necessary arrangements, as well as ensuring all runs smoothly on the day.
- Research, orders, deliveries, purchases and errands.
- Keep the family organised for example sorting cupboards, storage areas and over-seeing the home is shut down if travelling for an extended period, and set-up prior to return. Ensure preparations
are taken care of for guests.
- Manage documentation for the family, including passport and visa renewals, health insurance claims, monitoring loyalty programs.
- Coordinate with household staff to ensure smooth day-to-day operations, ensuring everyone has what is needed to succeed in their role. Potentially taking on line management duties as helpful,
providing both support and leadership. This will include schedules, holiday planning, training, performance, credit card reconciliations and Petty Cash.
- Support the management team on specific, designated pieces of work by brainstorming, acting as a document review ‘buddy’, conducting research and adding value to result in best recommendations
and the delivery of successful outcomes.
- Take ownership for designated projects, conducting research, adding energy and ideas, providing best advice, logical recommendations and analysis of findings and driving to successful
- Champion improvements for business efficiency. You will notice better ways of doing things and we encourage you to recommend improvements to achieve a balance of best-practice, efficiency and
practicality for our needs; this may be in the areas of cost reduction or process re-engineering initiatives.
- Stand in and/or assist with Operations requirements, whether HR, Finance, IT or property- related tasks such as administration, overseeing renovations, dealing with tenants or contractors.
- Generally acting as the ‘go to’ person for the team, liaising with other offices within the group to get things done and facilitate outcomes.
- Provide support to colleagues, active participation in working groups to review documentation for accuracy and common sense, anything missing, or to draft documentation to get the ball rolling
- Ensure high standards of accurate record keeping and filing (hard and soft copy) as well as ensuring templates are up-to-date and relevant.
- Provide all aspects of support to the Principals as helpful.
Candidates must be / have:
- Proven experience as an Executive Assistant / Private Assistant in a similar role.
- A genuine interest in supporting all elements of business and family life.
- Happy to operate independently as well as work closely with others.
- Flexible with a 24/7 mindset and true dedication to providing support, whatever the time or day.
- Easily able to ‘switch hats’ depending on the subject matter or situation, from very personal and private to corporate, maintaining professionalism, discretion and confidentiality.
- Natural and friendly with a positive attitude, calm and patient, working well in a small team.
- A confident driver with a clean license.
- Willing and able to travel occasionally to assist with projects, and holiday cover for other offices.
- Statutory holiday of 20 days + Bank Holidays (days in lieu given for Bank Holidays worked)
- Statutory sickness
We receive a considerable amount of applications for every position and there is tough competition in the employment market. In order to process your application as efficiently as possible,
please note the following instructions when responding:
- Detail your relevant experience in a cover letter and include this on an up to date CV
- Quote your required salary
- Let us know your availability for interview and when you could start
- If you can forward references to us, these can only strengthen your application
The more information you can give us, the more we can demonstrate to the client that you are exactly what they are looking for and send your CV on quickly.
Please note that these instructions apply to ALL candidates and applications that do not meet these criteria may not be considered.
Send your information to: firstname.lastname@example.org