Posted - 9 June 2019
Location - LONDON, UK
A High Net Worth Family Office in London is looking for a Management Accountant to join the team.
This role will be the senior finance function in London and will be an exciting opportunity for an accountant with previous Family Office experience.
The role will report directly to the management of the Group. The successful candidate will act as Management Accountant for a number of UK and Jersey companies. The role will comprise full
responsibility for the Finance / Accounting of the companies, as well as providing support in relation to financial management of portfolio of group companies whose assets include Residential
Property, Hotels and Liquid Investment portfolios.
The role is permanent, full time and will be based in St James, London.
The position is highly visible within the group and will involve extensive interaction with internal and external members of group companies and external consultants.
A high standard of presentation, professionalism and competency is required at all times.
The candidate will be a multi-skilled individual who is comfortable with overseeing the whole accountancy process.
Full responsibility for the UK consultancy company from transaction level, to include the following:
- Full ownership of Purchase Ledger including posting of invoices and expenses
- Preparing and uploading payment runs into the Banking System
- Weekly preparation of bank reconciliations
- Preparation and Submission of Quarterly VAT returns and ESL
- Ensuring timely invoicing of services to other group companies with a view to maintaining a steady cash balance within the UK Company.
- Regular review and application of transfer pricing guidelines
- Preparation and Review of monthly payroll in conjunction with payroll provider, to include posting the Payroll Journal.
- Management and oversight of Employee Benefits
- Preparation of P11ds and PSA return
- Preparation of Monthly Company Cash Flow
- Preparation of annual budget and quarterly forecasting
- Preparation of month end management accounts with comparison to budget and variance analysis.
- Ownership of company insurances and other office costs.
- Ownership of relationship with UK Auditors
- Company Secretarial Responsibilities
Project Accounting and Support
- Detailed understanding of potential project refurbishments within the group with a view to ensuring correct legal documentation is in place
- Commercial analysis of Company charge out rates to ensure overall job profitability of work performed.
- Ensure that Project management contract are priced to reflect fair, arms-length arrangements.
- Partnering with Interior Designer and Project Manager to understand project budgets with a view to understanding cash flows and committed spend.
- Preparation of monthly reports to communicate actual spend against budget and to understand key variances.
- Ensure project forecasts are up to date with latest fee negotiations and the effects of changes in scope/project overruns.
- Liaising with third party Surveyors to finalise and close out contracts.
Tax and Financial Reporting Compliance
- Preparation of Quarterly VAT returns and ESL for main UK and other group companies
- Processing of PAYE and NIC monthly payments
- Maintain good relations with group auditors and tax advisors.
- Assistance with the group statutory reporting process in conjunction with the Dutch office.
- Responsible for all UK related tax compliance to include annual ATED returns and NRLT returns, across
- all group entities.
- Relevant accounting / finance education
- Self-starter able to effectively prioritise work and meet deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good knowledge of Excel
- Practical, logical thinking
- Ability to self-manage
- Experience with VAT and other UK taxes (Non-Resident Landlord Tax and ATED)
- Flexibility with regards to work hours
If you would like to find out more about the role and to apply, please send your latest CV to Tom Stuart at email@example.com