PERSONAL LEGAL COUNSEL TO CHAIRMAN - SINGLE FAMILY OFFICE
Posted - 30 June 2019
Location - TRAVELLING, GLOBAL
An exciting career opportunity has arisen for a prestigious Single Family Office. The role will involve extensive travel with the Chairman (globally), 150 – 200 days a year, with a base in
Lawyer with commercial experience required to act as the personal legal counsel to the Chairman of a major international conglomerate.
- Work very closely with the Chairman, attend meetings, take minutes, email management and draft action points arising;
- Deal with follow-up issues by email or telephone;
- Review relevant documents and agreements, brief the Chairman prior to meetings and where appropriate provide personal legal advice to the Chairman;
- Draft and modify legal documents as instructed by the Chairman; and
- Liaise with other parties within the corporate group as appropriate.
- At least 5 years legal experience of a corporate / commercial nature, litigation experience preferred but not essential
- Good knowledge of Contract law, Corporate law and Commercial law
- Experience of dealing with major corporate and/or commercial projects
- Experience of dealing with international or cross-border transactions
- Experience of board level meetings and communication
- Flexible, adaptable and responsive character
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and to prioritize workflow while adhering to strict deadlines and excellent work and accuracy
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Confident and able to constructive challenge existing structures or proposed projects
- Good knowledge of computer tools (Word, Excel and Power Point)
- Desire to expand knowledge and experience with possible future opportunities within the wider conglomerate group
- High integrity, honest, fair and commercially aware
- Able to work in a culturally sensitive environment
- Technical skills required
- All-rounder with commercial awareness and flair
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- French verbal and written skills would be an advantage
Academic & Professional Qualifications:
- First class academic record
- University degree 2:1 or above
- Solicitor (or equivalent common law qualification)
To apply for the role, please send your latest CV to Salma Badul email@example.com.
Due to the high level of interest in this role, we are unable to respond to all candidates. Thank you for your understanding.