JUNIOR LEGAL COUNSEL (FUNDS)
Posted - 5 April 2022
Location - DUBAI, UAE
An exclusive opportunity has arisen within a Single Family Office based in Dubai.
Our client is seeking a Junior Legal Counsel for the growing needs of the Family Office, the employee will be responsible for overseeing the legal & compliance process for the entire
investment office (the “Firm”) under the supervision of the senior legal counsel.
If you are you 1-2 years PQE and would like to live and work in Dubai, then this is a fascinating and rare opportunity to work in-house for a growing Family Office.
Primary responsibility of the junior legal counsel will be to manage the legal due diligence process and the operational due diligence process of the fund investments including review of the PPMs,
LPAs, DDQs, constitutional documents and take responsibility for on-going monitoring.
The Successful Candidate:
- Qualified in a common law or civil law jurisdiction (1-2 years PQE).
- Previous investment funds experience is a prerequisite for this role. In particular – private funds.
Responsibilities (not limited to):
- Overseeing (under the supervision of the senior legal counsel) all legal, tax and compliance matters relevant to the Firm and promoting legal, compliance and risk management practice in the
- Together with the Senior Legal Counsel, providing counsel and appropriate legal support to the COO.
- Handle the entire operational due diligence (ODD) process
- Conducting legal and tax due diligence on proposed investments and preparing reports in connection with same. This will involve reviewing documents such as: partnership agreements, prospectuses,
M&As, sub docs, legal summaries, transfer agreements, SPAs, etc. It will also involve direct calls with the fund managers, should the process require it.
- Negotiating terms of side letters with fund managers.
- Providing accurate, relevant and timely advice on variety of legal topics that relate to the investment funds including private equity, venture capital, hedge funds etc.
- Present the legal and tax report to the Firm’s investment committee and make the committee aware of any outside the threshold risk matters including disclosure of information, if necessary.
- Ensuring that the Firm and its affiliates meet all regulatory and compliance requirements in their respective jurisdictions of establishment.
Remuneration: 20,000 – 30,000 AED per month (depending on experience).
To apply for the role, please send your latest CV to Chris Costi ChrisC@AgreusGroup.com. Thank you.