INVESTMENT ANALYST (PUBLIC MARKETS) - SFO
Posted - 13 Apr 2021
Location - CONNECTICUT, USA
Agreus has been retained by a well-known single family office to assist them in their search for an Investment Analyst.
The purpose of the family office is to provide high level services to the family which include wealth planning and the management of current projects. Honesty and integrity are foundational values
of this family office.
The investment team partners with the family and the foundations on their investment strategy across the whole portfolio. This is a newly created role as the team continues to take on new projects
and is looking to grow.
As an analyst in the team, you will own and carry out analytical, reporting, operational and administrative responsibilities to enable the successful implementation of the investment strategy.
Through time, there is opportunity to expand in this role and grow within the family office.
- Support Investment Associates through analytics, including Excel
- Partner with the Investment Associates and CIO in developing and assessing new investment initiatives
- Play a key role in the evolution of reporting capabilities
- Work closely with the Investment Associates on the continued build of trading capabilities including counterparty relationships and internal coordination
- Maintain and enforce highest standards of integrity, discretion, discipline, and accountability
- Operate according to our values and way of being including radical transparency, direct feedback, machine like thinking, and continuous personal and professional improvement.
Key characteristics required:
- The ability to conduct due diligence and provide research on a public listed security
- Experience in researching both individual securities and funds
- Someone with exceptional Excel and modelling skills (DCF, Comparables etc)
- Experience working across public markets, both funds and direct
- An analytical thinker who approaches problems logically and methodically
- Intellectually curious with a desire to develop your knowledge on investment content and trading processes
- A great multi-tasker able to track several priorities to produce high quality outcomes within deadlines
- An excellent communicator who will collaborate productively with your team and stakeholders around the organization
- Interested in operating within a unique culture that will foster your desire for personal and professional growth
- Professional and discrete; able to handle sensitive information appropriately and with superior judgement
- Someone willing to take on more responsibility as the role progress to eventually helping them build a trading capability.
- At least 5 years of professional experience working in analytical roles dealing with investment content and concepts
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Some experience in trading, monitoring, reporting, and/or account management preferred but not required
- Previous knowledge of legal structuring and tax implications across different types of business units preferred but not required
Compensation for the role is up to $200,000 on the basic salary, and an excellent package of health and other employee benefits.
If you would like to apply for this role, please send your CV to Kay Shah (email@example.com).