FAMILY OFFICE: HEAD OF INVESTMENT FUND CONTROL
Posted - 21 May 2018
Location - GUERNSEY
A Family Investment Office, based in London and Guernsey, is looking to fill a new role in its Guernsey office.
The Family Office looks after a diversified portfolio of long term investments ranging from strategic stakes in listed or unlisted entities through to a broad financial portfolio comprising
Equities, Bonds, Hedge Funds and Private Equity funds of fund positions.
As part of the ongoing development of the family office, a new role has been created in Guernsey that will oversee and control the “golden copy” of all transactions and investment positions
resulting from the various family office investment activities. The role will act as the prime point of contact for other family office locations in respect of investment activities from which they
will drive investment control, performance reporting and attribution analysis as well as ensuring proper control over feeds into the local GL systems that drive reporting for the administration of
entities in Guernsey.
The candidate will join the Guernsey office but spend a structured induction time in the London head office. This is a newly created role being established to effectively manage operational
requirements will report to the Family Office Group CFO and locally to the CEO of the Guernsey office. This will be accomplished by working closely with all internal parties, brokers, custodians,
fund accountants and other third parties. The role involves the close liaison with various functional teams including the Front Office, the Guernsey entity Directors, the Group CFO & the London
based Investment Portfolio data analysis team as well as various external banks, custodians, brokers and other outsource providers.
- Responsible for start of day process to ensure Portfolio management system is updated for the previous days transactions & pricing and any data exceptions are resolved
- Responsible for import of daily cash transactions
- Work with banks and brokers to resolve trade or cash mismatches; ensure appropriate price downloads/imports
- Sourcing of Hedge Fund and Private Equity fund of fund pricing and import into the Portfolio management system
- Reconciliation of portfolio management system positions to those held by external banks and brokers
- Responsible for controlling feeds to the local GL to enable local statutory reporting
- Responsible for liaison with auditors around valuations and investment positions for the purposes of the year end audit
- Responsible for overall operation including data structure in the Portfolio management system, linking with the London reporting team, to ensure it acts as a correct and complete data set to
drive firmwide investment reporting
- Assist or run implementations of Portfolio management system upgrades and process improvements around reporting and control
- Lead operational onboarding of new funds with overseas clients and custodians
- Participate in due diligence and pitch meetings, as needed
- Collaborate with and support Family Office colleagues on projects and firmwide initiatives
- University degree, recognised accountancy qualification with 7+ years investment management experience
- Solid experience using Microsoft Office, recognised Portfolio management system & GL
- Strong understanding of global equities, OTC equity swaps, exchange traded options and futures as well as derivative lifecycle process
- Knowledge of portfolio performance measurement and accounting impacts required
- Excellent written and verbal communication; ability to interact with all levels of management and external clients
- Proven record of collaborating with colleagues across geographic and functional boundaries
- Some operational derivative regulatory knowledge preferable (EMIR, Dodd Frank, ASIC and MIFID II)
- Familiarity with many fund structures (mutual, UCITS, institutional, commingled, limited partnerships) preferred
- Ability to work flexible hours, as required
- This will be a senior-level position, the job holder is expected to demonstrate required qualifications at a proficient level
Salary: Up to £90,000 base with Bonus and benefits for the right candidate.
To find out more, please contact Tom Stuart on +44 (0)20 7043 1408 or send your latest CV to firstname.lastname@example.org