FAMILY FINANCE DIRECTOR
Posted - 9 Feb 2024
Location - LONDON, UK
Job Purpose: To supervise family financial matters, investments, tax planning, trusts, private property portfolios, and assist with long term planning.
Hours and location: Anticipated to be 3 days per week (roughly 24 hours per week). Hybrid between Croydon (one day per week) and WFH
Key Areas of Responsibility
- To oversee the production of management and statutory accounts for approx. 15 small entities – trading, property, and holding companies, private property portfolios and trusts.
- To act as family treasurer – annual family budgeting, dividend allocations
- To liaise with the auditors on production of schedules backing up the figures in the statutory accounts.
- To liaise with the family’s tax advisors on tax calculations and schedules to support HMRC submissions and statutory accounts.
- To help prepare the tax submissions for individual family members – approx. 15 tax returns.
- To help and supervise the financial aspects of management of private property portfolios – debt collections, VAT matters, CIS submissions, CGT calculations, corporation tax calculations and
implications of purchase and sale of property assets, strategic investments, financial planning.
- To liaise with legal advisors on set up and management of trusts.
- To review wills and inheritance tax planning for all family members
- To supervise accounts back office team in India and ensure adequate training.
- To manage personal banking relationships in UK, Jersey, India for the family
- To supervise and administer investments – EIS, associated corporate entities and joint ventures.
- To manage advisors on major incidences such as death, divorce, incapacity of family members
- A qualified accountant – ACCA or ACA from a tax background
- Experience in auditing and personal tax would be a distinct advantage.
- Highly computer literate with excellent to advanced Excel skills
- A high degree of interpersonal skills and sensitivity is required to meet objectives.
- High cultural awareness and empathy regarding Indian extended family business matters
- A proven team player
Please note that given the high level of interest in this role, we will not be able to reply to all correspondents and will only come back to the best qualified applicants for the
Remuneration will be commensurate with the duties and demands of the role and the experience of the candidate but in the region of £70,000 to £80,000 for the three days a week envisaged for the
If you would like to find out more about the role, please send a (preferably Word) copy of your latest CV to Jeremy Green at email@example.com
REF: AGR 828