DEPUTY FINANCE DIRECTOR - SINGLE FAMILY OFFICE
Posted - 19 Aug 2023
Location - LONDON, UK
Due to increased accounting requirements within a London based Single Family Office, the need has arisen for an experienced qualified Accountant to joining the small finance team of two people.
The role would suit a commercially minded professional who has been involved in investment due diligence and decision making.
The Company offers a varied role, where no two days are the same and a wide range of activity. You will work in a collaborative office where the team assist each other and there is a strong
Ideally, the successful candidate will have had 15+ years’ experience as an Accountant in a Family Office or fund management business. A candidate should have a good understanding of the main UK
taxes and be able to calculate capital gains tax.
Specific duties include:
- preparing monthly consolidated management and annual statutory audited accounts for the principal group within the family office. This includes several companies and a private equity business,
with many international assets;
- assessing profitability/level of gains or losses in each investing company to mitigate tax exposure as the financial year progresses;
- preparing statutory accounts for various other smaller subsidiaries;
- preparing monthly consolidated management and annual statutory accounts for a property group and an insurance group, both within the family office; and
- liaising with advisors in preparing and reviewing sets of accounts and tax returns.
The role requires the following:
- experience in producing monthly consolidated and statutory accounts for groups of companies;
- experience in fund management and fund reporting and ideally experience in producing accounts for private equity fund management companies;
- experience and understanding of accounting for foreign exchange gains and losses;
- good understanding of the main UK taxes of corporation, income and capital gains taxes; and
- knowledge of Xero would be advantageous, but experience of posting and writing up accounts is essential.
Salary: £110,000 – £130,000.
If you would like to apply for this role, please send your CV to Chloe Walker at email@example.com