Posted - 11 Mar 2021
Location - BEVERLY HILLS, USA
A Single Family Office in Beverly Hills is seeking an experienced Controller to join their private Family Office with the opportunity to work on a flexible schedule, manage a team of up to four
and develop their own accounting and technology skill-set.
The Family Office has a strong asset base, stability and outlook and are looking for a specialist to join the team as Controller to provide full charge accounting duties related to processing and
reporting for 30 real estate and family ledger entities.
This individual will also provide direct and consolidated reporting for direct owned properties, partnership and
- Prepare all financial reports, including profit and loss statement, balance sheet, statement of cash flow, distribution reports on a Monthly basis
- Record financial reports submitted by 3rd party management companies into ownership system for consolidated and cohesive reporting to Family
- Record asset purchases, sales, refinances from transaction reports and closing statements including, buildings, costs allocations, debt, and equity
- Produce weekly cash-flash reports of all accounts and review with principals for actions required
- Manage master calendar of revenue and lease increases, mortgages and other liabilities due, and tax and other compliance dates and deadlines.
- Participate in preparation and updates to operating and cash flow budgets – prepare annual with quarterly updated projected distribution schedules
- Perform bank reconciliations and produce cash balance flash reports and cash flow reporting and planning reports.
- Conduct or Review tenant billing, CAM and Property Tax reconciliations for direct billings or audit and billing by designated property management team
- Maintain and Abstract tenant information, rent rolls for monthly rent increases and invoicing
- Reconciles credit cards and manage and reconcile intercompany transfers
- Monthly closing including monthly review and reconciliation of all balance sheet and key income statement accounts, journal entries and accruals
- Manage owner distribution schedules and planning; prepare monthly distribution schedules for review and approvals
- Manage capital account balances
- Provided timely explanations of variances between actual results and forecasts/budgets
- Prepares reserve loan draws or other required schedules for capital projects to lender and other entity
- Assist with financial data collection and document flow for refinancing, banking, and other transaction and administrative needs
- Prepares sales tax, local personal property tax, business licenses form, year-end vendor’s 1099’s and other compliance forms as required
- Provide timely and organized information packages to third-party CPA firm for year-end statements, audits and tax returns
- Selecting and implementing a new accounting system
- Create accounting department policies and procedures handbook and standardize financial workpapers and audit binder
- Serve as System admin for accounting software, and leading system updates and implementation of modules and workflows
- Excellent systems, technology and organizational skills
- Excellent ability to create written communications and reports
- Excellent oral communication and people skills.
- CPA qualified
- Experience with QuickBooks and AppFolio advantageous
For more information on this exciting opportunity, please contact US Team Lead Kay Shah via email firstname.lastname@example.org