CONTROLLER, SINGLE FAMILY OFFICE
Posted - 30 July 2021
Location - BEVERLY HILLS, USA
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Controller to join a Single Family Office in Beverly Hills to take over the management of the firm’s full financial systems.
This role requires a team player who is creative, agile and able to both contribute to, as well as lead, initiatives within the organisation to achieve best practice. This person will also
integrate the organisations’ core values of integrity and accountability and be an excellent communicator.
The successful candidate will report directly to the President and Board of Directors as well as be a key point of contact for outsourced providers which requires an ability to translate finance
into a language all stakeholders can understand.
These are a summary of the key responsibilities of the role which fall into the four categories of bookkeeping, reporting, payroll and general operations.
- Managing the oversight, design and operations of the firm’s financial systems including accounting, treasury and investment systems
- Maintaining up-to-date books and records for all financials transactions in accordance with GAAP basis accounting as well as accrual and/or cash basis for financial reporting purposes and tax
- Proactively working in partnership with appropriate internal and external resources on investment reporting, tax efficient investment structuring and tax optimization in family office portfolios;
effectively build credibility and relationships with firm’s clients; assume critical operational role to effectively anticipate and respond to the needs and requests of firms clients
- Providing accurate reporting and analysis across all assets and entities
- The ability to interpret and communicate financial information in a clear and concise manner
- Managing accounts payable and receivables
- Preparing systematic financial statements and reports on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis as well as adhoc when required for the Family Office as well as the firm’s various entities
- Maintaining and monitoring monthly / quarterly client fee schedules per service agreements and invoicing for company related cost sharing arrangements
- Creating and monitor financial budgets for the Family Office as well as for any clients of the firm
- Processing Payroll and prepare employee compensation summary statements
- Assisting in establishing the proactive review of financial policies, procedures, internal controls, and reporting systems to ensure best practice and compliance
- Identifying vendor payment discrepancies and initiate dispute resolutions when necessary
- Processing employee/company related reimbursements
- Assisting with the preparation of annual tax filings for the firm/firm’s clientele with outside advisers
- Preparing federal and state quarterly tax estimate analysis on various firm entities and facilitate appropriate payments/submissions.
- Providing financial analysis, modelling, projections and ad hoc reports for various projects and planning initiatives; interpret financials information and data to facilitate decision making to
achieve both short and long-term firm objectives
- Working on all initiatives with the President, Director of Operations and/or their designee involving entity structures and accounting alignment
- Monitoring financial and tax planning strategies for all individuals and entities; proactively anticipate and optimize tax options; supervise and ensure the timely and accurate preparation and
filing of all tax returns; responsible for ensuring the family office and its clients are in compliance with IRS regulations and tax laws and with all other applicable regulatory requirements
- Managing and tracking private investments for the firm’s entities and clients, including review of monthly or quarterly capital account statements, execution of capital calls, and
tracking/reconciliation of private investment disbursements on internal systems
- Managing, maintaining and organising all family office related entity documentation including but not limited to corporate documents, tax documents/filings, vendor payables files
- Safeguarding the integrity and security of critical data/functions; ensure the safety and soundness of all asset holdings
- Identifying risk management needs of the firm and firm’s clientele, including insurance coverages, cyber security and disaster recovery; recommend and implement appropriate plans/actions
- Evaluating firm vendors for purchases; maintains & monitors service contracts for terms, expirations and renewals; and maintains budgetary oversight of purchases
- Maintaining and Monitoring all appropriate entity state/federal licensing and form renewals
- Creating internal processes/procedures and controls to ensure the effective and efficient operation of the family office; lead continuous improvement of processes and procedures to ensure ongoing
family office operational efficiencies; proactively provide input and leadership on issues and initiatives impacting family office performance
Local and non-local travel may be required. There may also be a requirement to occasionally work during evenings and weekends.
Salary: $130k – $150k plus bonus and excellent benefits
For more information about the role or to apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org