PRIVATE EQUITY SENIOR MANAGER - SINGLE FAMILY OFFICE
Posted - 17 Sep 2023
Location - TEXAS, USA
A family office based in Texas is looking to add an experienced investment professional to head its private equity (PE) portfolio.
This is an amazing opportunity to lead PE investments, while also playing a pivotal role in the growth and development of the family office and its larger fund.
The ideal candidate for this role brings forth significant PE experience; is a highly motivated self-starter that can work with a high degree of autonomy; comes with a low-ego and highly
collaborative workstyle; and is driven to grow the PE portfolio while helping improve and innovate the team’s approach to overall investing.
Responsibilities and Essential duties:
Candidate will lead every part of the investment process. Investment professional will source investment opportunities, analyze potential target companies, and work with portfolio companies.
Specific activities include:
- Researching attractive industry segments and developing overall investment hypotheses
- Sourcing and identifying potential investments both through intermediaries and proprietary sourcing activities.
- Communicating, defending, and refining investment hypotheses to family office Principal, CEO, and investment committee
- Leading financial and operational due diligence process to assess attractiveness and risks of potential investment opportunities.
- Developing financial models and performing customized company valuation analysis for acquisitions
- Organizing and communicating the investment proposition and diligence findings through clear and effective presentations (explaining industry trends, assessing clients’ situations, evaluating
financial opportunity, and recommending strategies to meet client goals). Presentations should be customized for individuals with various levels of financial knowledge and should enable the
Principal, CEO, and investment committee to make thoughtful and informed decisions.
- Negotiating deal documentation and terms, managing stakeholders, and closing transactions. This will include coordinating with tax advisors, accountants, attorneys, technical advisors, and
bankers for transactions.
- Working with portfolio company CEOs post-close. While the bulk of the Investment Professional’s time is spent on investment activities, the role sometimes will require involvement in the
portfolio companies post-close. The nature of the involvement will depend on the individual portfolio company but could involve time spent working on the critical strategic and operational
issues facing the CEO of the portfolio companies.
- Actively monitoring existing investments in the portfolio
- Training other team members on every part of the process from conducting the necessary diligence to closing on the transactions and working with companies post-close
Knowledge & Skills
- Strong academic record with Bachelor’s degree, equivalent or above in Economics, Finance or a related discipline required. MBA and/or CFA is a plus.
- Investing experience with a top tier private equity firm. Prior experience at a top investment bank, or consulting firm is preferred.
- Experience working in a Family Office is highly advantageous.
- Proven analytical skills and strong financial modeling experience. Highly proficient in Excel
- Strong presentation-building, and story-telling skills. Highly proficient in PowerPoint.
- Insight into business models, key leverage points in the operating models, and strong business judgment.
- Extreme attention to detail with ability to self-direct and form independent judgments.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, capable of forging close, positive working relationships with colleagues, executives at portfolio companies, external service providers and other
- Highly motivated self-starter, able to work with high degree of autonomy.
The Investment Professional will receive a highly competitive compensation package consisting of a base salary and short and long-term incentives.
Family office is in Texas and that is where this position will be located. Role will be onsite. Some travel will be required.
To apply or find out more, please email your latest resume to email@example.com