CHIEF OF STAFF - SINGLE FAMILY OFFICE
Posted - 6 Oct 2023
Location - VIRGINIA, USA
A First-generation, US-based Family Office is seeking an ambitious, dedicated, and experienced Chief of Staff to serve the family and manage their family support team.
Single-Family Office headquartered in Virginia that manages a portfolio of investments and provides a full suite of administrative and household services on behalf of its principals and their
The Chief of Staff will report directly to the principal and will be responsible for managing the family support team to ensure the family needs are successfully met. Additionally, the Chief
of Staff will be responsible for maintaining the family calendar, coordinating travel and logistics, and overseeing the HR function for the office.
- Manage family support team including nanny, animal caretaker, personal assistant, among others.
- Act as a buffer between the family and the team to ensure their needs are met without friction.
- Maintain calendars for the family, including assistance with booking reservations, scheduling appointments, and communicating with all impacted stakeholders regarding commitments.
- Coordinate family travel, including preparation of itineraries, collaboration with travel agents (if applicable), and coordination with pilots and property managers to ensure a smooth
- Oversee Human Resources function, including hiring/terminating, managing the performance review process, tracking and approving payroll and PTO, and coordinating with payroll and benefits
- Occasional ad-hoc support around the family’s household may be required.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant experience interacting closely with UHNW families and managing the staff that supports them.
- Excellent communication skills along with a high degree of emotional intelligence and discretion.
- Must be accountable, a great communicator, problem solver and someone who can take the initiative to accomplish and delegate tasks efficiently.
- Must be self-motivated, self-driven, proactive, and willing to go above and beyond to meet goals.
- Strong oral, written, and interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to work effectively with a variety of personalities and with minimal direction.
If you would like to find out more about the role, please send a (preferably Word) copy of your latest resume to Brianna Donohoe at firstname.lastname@example.org