CFO / SENIOR LEVEL CONTROLLER (SFO)
Posted - 14 Oct 2020
Location - ORANGE COUNTY, CA, USA
Our client is an established single-family office based in Orange County, LA.
The operation of the family office is to provide a wide range of financial, investment, and concierge services at the highest level to its Principal and family.
The CFO will report to the Principal and will lead the finance, accounting and tax functions whilst also overseeing HR and various additional areas for the family office.
Key responsibilities include (plus various other family office tasks):
- Overseeing the daily operations of the financial function for the family office and its related entities
- Creating financial reports for the Principal
- Providing financial analyses, projections, modelling, and ad hoc reports for project or planning initiatives and investment due diligence
- Financial Management of real estate assets
- Providing accounting/financial reporting assistance to other family members
- Overseeing external tax advisors and file tax returns for a complex collection of multiple entities
- Managing relationships with external service providers
- Overseeing cash management and investment
- Overseeing other external expert providers such as real estate counsel
- Managing private assets (aircraft and superyacht)
- 8- 10 years’ relevant experience in a family office/boutique MFO enviornment
- Undergraduate degree in business (accounting/finance) required; CPA and/or advanced degree desirable (i.e., MBA)
- Demonstrated skills in providing quality financial management, accounting and tax services for individuals, trusts, foundations and investments entities
- Expert level knowledge of tax and investment partnership accounting
- Strong software and analytic skills, QuickBooks experience required
- Demonstrated management and leadership and strong interpersonal skills
Relocation assistance will be considered for the right candidate.
Happy to consider candidates looking to relocate to Orange County.
If this is of interest please send your CV to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org