CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER
Posted - 24 July 2023
Location - HOUSTON, TX, USA
We are seeking a Chief Financial Officer (CFO) to join our family office. The ideal candidate will have experience in the private wealth management, private equity, public equity, and/or hedge
fund sectors and possess superior knowledge on effectively leading a family office with investment, private wealth, and philanthropic ventures.
The individual will report to the CEO and will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of finance and accounting, including investments and capital reporting, treasury and cash management, and
tax related functions. The CFO will be a key member of the leadership team and will work closely with the CEO and Principal of the family office. The ideal candidate will be personable, professional,
detail oriented, proactive, and flexible while enjoying the challenges of working with a small team of professionals in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment.
Responsibilities and Essential Duties:
An outline of initial responsibilities, by category, as follows:
- Work closely with the CEO to develop an Investment Committee charter, and selection of members, that is deliberate to respond to the family’s investment appetite.
- Work closely with the [Investment Committee] to create an investment portfolio that optimizes returns and risks.
- Oversee the periodic review of the investment portfolio through rigorous and thoughtful reviews of performance and optimize rebalancing when appropriate.
- Oversee the capital reporting of the investment decision, with responsibility over the accuracy of valuations, allocations, and all capital activity.
- Manage the budgeting compilation and periodic reporting of the family office and individual family members.
- Optimize liquidity and cash management planning through detailed understanding of positions.
- Drive efficient tax and estate planning activities through liaising with external tax experts and other third parties.
Accounting and Finance
- Oversee the accounting and finance team, with regular oversight of treasury and cash management activities of the family office and individual family members, and where appropriate, optimize
- Ensure timely and accurate filing of all tax-related compliance matters.
- Serve as a key point of contact for financial-related matters for family members.
- Oversee month-end closing and partnership allocation responsibilities.
- Work with Controller and CEO to maintain financial institution relationships and oversee cash management reporting for various other business entity endeavours.
- Supervise the Controller, Partnership Accounting Manager, and Corporate Accountant
- Manage primary outside vendor relationships for accounting and tax, banking, insurance, IT, investment adviser, and other arrangements.
- Oversee and implement clear policies and procedures for the accounting and finance function.
- 15+ years in senior-level finance or accounting positions, with experience in private wealth, asset management, and partnership/fund experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting/finance; CPA/CFA – Insight into budgeting and cost containments activities a plus
- Proven ability to build strong relationships and trusts with family members.
- Flexible candidate with strong work ethic and outgoing personality that is comfortable working in a small team environment.
- Ability to be an effective leader in a small team setting and oversee the activities of third parties.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
- Organization is currently entering a restructuring phase and the operations of the legacy structure will holistically expand, which will require a strong foundation in accounting, and experience
establishing financial reporting, procedures and internal controls.
If you would like to apply for the role, please an updated resume to email@example.com.