ASSET MANAGER, SFO
Posted - 21 Nov 2022
Location - EUROPE OR UK
A Single Family Office is looking to recruit a qualified Asset Manager with broad, multi-asset class experience across Fund Investment and liquidity management.
A native Ukrainian/Russian speaker would be preferred.
Leadership role for in-house asset and liquidity management for the assets of a substantial investment holding. The Asset Manager will act as part of the Strategy and Investment team with a focus
on portfolio investments, evaluation and management of long-term investment and risk.
The first part of this newly created role will be to manage current liquidity, liaising with custodian banks and ensuring strategy, fees and treasury planning are appropriate to the client’s
needs. Following this will be responsible for creating and managing portfolio investments in public debt and equity, as well as alternative investments such as PE Funds, Real Estate Funds, Debt
Funds, Hedge Funds etc., and therefore experience and connections in this space, knowledge of and relationships with top Fund Managers, will be important.
This an exciting opportunity to join a Family Office that is growing with the opportunity to develop into a Senior Investment role, advising the Principal and managing the third-party
relationships with Fund Managers and the Investment Banks.
- Manage in-house asset management
- Manage and negotiate banking, investment banking and brokerage relationships globally
- Determine asset allocation strategy and implement portfolio investments using multi-asset classes including Fixed Income, Public Equities, Investment Funds etc., maintain portfolio monitoring and
- Regularly research market trends and changes, identify any irregularities that may impact the asset accounts, perform a full scope of risk management attributed to the portfolio investments
- Support execution of all capital market transactions across different legal entities
- Analyse and recommend potential alternative financing structures and instruments, and explain their impact on the balance sheet and financial ratios
- Serve as representative to the financial/investment community in terms of asset allocation having the knowledge and credibility to negotiate appropriate solutions with third-party partners and
challenge the Asset Managers, Investment Banks, Fund Managers, etc.
- Execute Fund Manager/Bank/Broker selection and maintain trusted and long-lasting relations with them
- 7-10+ years of relevant experience in asset management or in a similar role in investment banking or large investment companies
- High level of experience in Fixed Income, Equities, and other listed products
- Experience in structured products and alternative investments (PE Funds, Real Estate Funds, Debt Funds, Hedge Funds, Venture Funds, etc)
- Hands-on experience in portfolio strategy and construction to realize targeted yield with a particular risk profile, with a weighting toward Capital Preservation as much as investment return
- Demonstrable experience of working autonomously or within a small team environment with an emphasis on frequent and informal communication and personal responsibility
- Strong knowledge of capital markets
- Wide network of personal contacts in the banking industry across Europe, UK, and Asia
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business, management, or finance required
- CFA or equivalent qualification preferred
- Exceptional communication and writing skills in English (and preferably Russian)
Remuneration will be commensurate with the duties and demands of the role and the experience of the candidate.
If you would like to find out more about the role, please send your latest CV to Jeremy Green at firstname.lastname@example.org