Posted - 23 Apr 2023
Location - CALIFORNIA, USA
Redwood City, Walnut Creek, San Francisco or San Jose, CA
A great opportunity to work with a family office group as an accounting supervisor.
The right candidate will be an integral part of the Family Office group providing diversified administrative and day-to-day financial support to the Family Office Management Team.
The Family Office group provides accounting and consulting services to ultra-high net worth individuals and family clients. The services provided range from partnership accounting, financial
reporting, cash management, and bill payment to advising on complex intergenerational wealth strategies.
Our ideal candidate will possess:
- An extensive and diverse accounting and payroll background.
- An understanding of professional services and client service.
- Experience supervising the day-to-day work and training of one to two employees.
- Strong interpersonal skills with an approachable and professional demeanour.
- Outstanding organization skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- The ability to handle and respond to multiple client and department demands in a timely manner.
- The ability to prioritize assignments and effectively manage their time.
- The ability to thrive in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- The ability to be a team player but be able to work independently.
Responsible for providing multiple clients with a variety of accounting and administrative services, including but not limited to:
- Responsibility for the full accounting processes, i.e., maintaining the general ledger, generating, and posting all journal entries in a timely manner, coordinating monthly close, maintaining
budgets, and reporting on budget to actual, and preparing monthly/quarterly financial statements with related workpaper.
- Supervising and reviewing the accounts’ payable function and Family Office staff and GL accountants
- Payroll coordination with clients and the Family Office payroll team
- Managing and reconciling numerous bank, brokerage, and credit card accounts, overseeing staff, and reviewing work
- Performing reconciliations and analysis for balance sheet accounts, including intercompany accounts
- Oversee the year-end reporting and preparation of 1099s.
- Assisting in preparation of quarterly and annual tax packages and supporting documents
- Responding to client requests and inquiries
- Involvement managing some client relationships and outside vendors as needed.
- Handling special projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, Accounting, or Finance
- CPA eligible preferred
- 4 to 7 years of progressive accounting experience
- 2 plus years of professional services experience preferred.
- 2 plus years of supervisory experience, including training and mentoring staff, reviewing work, and providing performance feedback.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, and QuickBooks
- Strong project management and client service skills
- Solid understanding and working knowledge of GAAP and financial statements.
- High attention to detail, problem solver & intellectually curious Adhere to the highest level of confidentiality.
Compensation: $90k – $120K
Schedule: Hybrid preferred but could be done remotely
Applicants must be able to pass a background check and must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
All qualified candidates should submit their resumes and salary requirements (please reference “Family Office Accounting Supervisor” and preferred office location in the subject line) to email@example.com for immediate consideration.